4. Restaurante Los Cebollones Website +52 983 184 7980 Av calzada veracruz N.451 Entre Calle Marciano Gonzalez Y Av. Insurgentes, Adolfo López Mateos, 77010 Chetumal, Q.R., Mexico
How to get from Chetumal, Mexico to Corozal, Belize
1. Call or text Mario Sosa and ask him to take you to The New Market (El Nuevo Mercado).
2. There is a Cash Exchange station where you can get Belizean, USD, and Pesos. 3. The owner of the Cash Exchange station, Dileep, will be able to answer questions you have.
4. The bus to Corozal, Belize will pick you up in front of the Cash Exchange station which is attached to a restaurant, name - unknown - but it’s difficult to miss.
5. The bus from Chetumal to Corozal will cost $10 BZD = $5 USD. Once on the bus, the bus attendant will ask you where you’re going, you will tell him/her, give him/her the money, and they will give you a receipt.
6. The first stop will be to the Mexican immigration office. You be asked to get off of the bus, get your passport, and proof that you’ve paid the Mexican Tourist Tax. The Mexican Tourist tax is usually paid when you purchase your ticket to fly into Mexico. Be sure to check your flight receipt! If you have already paid the Mexican Tourist Tax through your flight into Mexico, screenshot it on your phone OR print it out to show the Mexican Immigration officer. If you have NOT paid your Mexican Tourist Tax, you’ll need about $700 Pesos = $41.96 USD to give to the Immigration officer.
7. Once your passport is stamped, you will get back on the bus and head to the Belizean Immigration Office. The bus attendant will give you a Tourist Travel Form that you will need to fill out. It will ask for your name, passport information, reason for travel, occupation, and the address you’ll be using while in Belize. You will give this form to the Belizean Immigration officer.